Sunday 20 July 2014

A Summer Follow Up

July '14


Hello friends!!

It's been a bit of time since my last post!

Recently on June 24th we received an email from our Sunrise agency informing us of a last minute meeting that was planned to be held on June 27th. What a whirlwind 4 days that was… so many emotions jam packed! In the overall looking at those 4 days, it was nice to have such short notice as we didn't have months to be anxious over it all. However, after getting in contact the following week and a few days of emailing Sunrise repeatedly about what was happening, it turns out the meeting never happened and is now postponed until mid-end of August. This is normal for Africa to cancel or postpone. Was feeling super bummed about the whole thing so i went shopping for girly items!!


It gave me time to think about where we need to get the house at, with switching bedrooms around and setting up L's room (I'm not giving away her name until she's here ;) ).
So in the last little while we've had many projects on the go and I can finally say they are almost complete!! I refinished a big dresser for my eldest's new room and got it all put together. He loves it! He is happily in a "big boy room"with a "big boy bed" now. Placed a small order with Ikea, got everything put together and a super adorable kid sized rocking chair I refinished in pink. I hope she will like pink!!
Crib is all put together and her room is almost complete. One wall to paint and a crib mattress to go in. Her clothes are ready in her room and the boys check in, on a daily basis to see if she's here yet. It's the sweetest thing in the world. They truly love her heaps already!!

                                 Refinished dresser project for my eldest.. it turned out great!

                                                     Sweet little rocking chair refinished


Kyle has always put these kinds of things together… he laughed at how long it took me! But, it was so satisfying doing it all myself



Girly diapers are ready to go!


We are still waiting on our Part 1 of citizenship to return back… we really can't do much without it and it was due back over 2 weeks ago. Thankfully our local MP quickly responded to my email and they are helping us work through getting the paperwork we need and we should have an answer by early next week!

I have been busy gathering donations to take with me and started making lists of what I already have. I have also made my appointment for travel vaccinations, something I completely spaced but is now taken care of… Phew!



On another side note… We have something BIG planned!! In our efforts to raise funds for the last portion of this journey we have done small fundraisers. We need to do something big this time!! Won't give too much away as we're just in the beginning of planning this all out, but here's an idea…
We are planning on a fundraiser BBQ somewhere local and open to the public followed by an auction with some great big ticket items. We're planning to work with Kevin from 1035 The Juice FM (formerly The Bridge) radio station to help us get the word out and promote our location and our efforts. Make sure you stay tuned for details as we plan this along!

We hope all of you are enjoying your summer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment